Summer is officially over! And I've never been so happy to have my child go back to school! Our summer turned out drastically different than initially planned. In early July, my son fell off the monkey bars and needed emergency surgery for a broken elbow. To say it was traumatic is an understatement. All of our summer travel and plans had to be canceled as my son, Harrison was housebound. I love NYC, but to have a hyper child who is not allowed to do much, not even go to the park, we had severe cabin fever...
So back to school couldn't have come sooner for my family! And Taco Tuesday couldn't have come at a better time. Tacos are not only one of my favorite foods, but they also seem to be the perfect and easiest solution for a busy family night.
I love eating shrimp but have always found cooking them challenging. These tacos were so easy; they made my fear go away!
Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Lime Jalapeño Sauce
1. Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Use a large baking sheet to add the shrimp, garlic, chili powder, tamari, olive oil, sriracha, salt, and pepper and toss everything together. Put them to the side on the baking sheet and add the jalapeño, pineapple, and shallots to the other half of the sheet and roast for 10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. If pineapple is not roasted, use the broiler for 1-2 minutes until it's charred.
3. Take out from the oven and toss everything together.
4. For the sauce: If you want to make less spicy, de-seed the jalapeños. Add everything to a blender, add some salt and blend until it's smooth.
5. Add the shrimp and pineapple to corn tortillas and top with avocado, corn, and cabbage. Drizzle sauce over and squeeze with lime.
My name is Liddy and I'm just a gringa trying to eat bueno in Nueva York and beyond! #gringaapproved #T1D #GlutenFree