It's finally soup season! And I'm not complaining. I'm a big fan of all chili's and soups, but my husband doesn't like to eat heavy, acidic foods before bed (unless there is a Pepcid on hand!!) Which is why I'm a big fan of white bean chili. It works all year round, especially during the fall months. I like to cook it on a rainy day or Halloween. Yesterday we had a crummy, rainy day in NYC, so this recipe was the perfect thing to end the day + a glass of wine. The great thing about this soup is that you can build your spice. The finished product is pretty mild, but adding Jalapeños and hot sauce after to give it the perfect spice! The lime is KEY and a must at the end to make the soup delicious!
White Bean Chili:
1. Use a large pot and add the onion, garlic, and olive oil. Cook for 2-4 mins until sautéd.
2. Add the chicken and cook until browned.
3. Add the water, salt, cumin, pepper, chili powder, and oregano. Simmer until and often stir for 10 minutes.
4. Add two cans of white beans to a blender with the chicken broth. Mix until it's smooth.
5. Stir in the bean purée, the remaining white beans, corn, and chilies into the soup. Boil the soup and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add the lime at the end before serving.
7. Top with greek yogurt, jalapeños, and your favorite hot sauce + tortilla chips
My name is Liddy and I'm just a gringa trying to eat bueno in Nueva York and beyond! #gringaapproved #T1D #GlutenFree